Monday, July 9, 2012

Not so pleasant .....Chapter 2

Our home study process went extremely well! Can I say we had the best home study social worker in the entire world??  Both agencies that we were working with seemed awesome.  Each step of paperwork completion was taking us one step closer to our daughter. I have a friend who has walked this adoption journey with me.  She is using the same agencies.  On 6/18 my friend's dossier was fully complete and ready to be sent to China.  On 6/19 we learned via email that due to our agency's suspension that our dossiers could NOT be sent to China.  The suspension is to be lifted on September 10th.  We were told that the dossiers had to be held until then.  I honestly became physically ill when I read the email.  After everything negative that had occurred in the beginning of our adoption planning to then learn this news caused me to be emotionally devastated.  Waiting two to three months in the whole scheme of life was not the issue.  It was the fact that the agency had given us false information.  Could I trust them?  What if 9/10 came and the suspension was lengthened?  What if they were giving us incorrect information again?  This was MY child - not a business transaction.  I began to explore and contact others.  I learned that many people had experiences with this agency that they deemed unethical.  After gathering information, prayer, and soul-searching we decided that it was in our best interest to change agencies.  Doing this we knew it was a likely possibility that we would lose the $3850 that we had paid to them coupled with the $5000 we lost in the beginning of this journey. This horrendous fact was very difficult for us to even process in our minds.  This sweet little face gave us the motivation to keep going! 





No comments:

Post a Comment